Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ZinZen ZinZen is offline

Default MS Office Word 2007 - Changing Font Default (Type and Size)

Re Changing Default Font and Font Size
MS Vista/ MS Office Word 2007

Suzann Barnhill's recent exchanges with Ingrid were very helpful as I have
been struggling with the same problem for some time. In spite of numerous
attempts, however, I have been unsuccessful in making the changes...and just
cannot figure out why.

It seems that by using Suzann's recommended procedure I can change the
default for the font size, however, when I reopen a blank Word document it
always defaults to the MS "Calibri" font.

Is it possible that when the computer was first set up a box was checked
that did not permit the default font to be changed (w/o following an 'extra
ordinary' means) using normal protocols Suzann so clearly delineated for
Ingrid?

What do you think is going on? Can you recommend a remedy?

Thank you!

Zinzen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naina Naina is offline

Default MS Word 2007 - Setting Default Font by Macro

Hi....

I want to write a macro in MS Word 2007 for setting default font in MS Word.

Please guide me.

Thanks.

Naina

ZinZen wrote:

MS Office Word 2007 - Changing Font Default (Type and Size)
10-Mar-10

[...]

On Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:28 PM
ZinZen wrote:

[...]

BizTalk: Parallel Processing with Correlation
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...rrelation.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

"Naina" wrote

I want to write a macro in MS Word 2007 for setting
default font in MS Word.

do you want to modify the Document Defaults
(important, when also using table styles), or
do you want to modify the Normal style?

Do you want to modify the Normal.dotm, or/and
do you want to modify other templates?

*Why* do you want to use a macro?
When should it be used?

For your information:
"BEHIND THE CURTAIN: STYLES, DOC DEFAULTS, STYLE SETS, AND THEMES"
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_of...nd-themes.aspx

"Styles"
http://www.shaunakelly.com/category/word/styles
"Templates"