kaje kaje is offline
Junior Member

Default How to Delete a Default Word Macro?

My Word 2003 installation keeps switching to a complex font setting, even after I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I'm kind of learning to live with that until 2007 comes along. BUT there's one thing that's driving me nuts!!!

I'm a complete keyboard queen. If I don't need to take my fingers off the board, I'm happy.

Ever since the mysterious switch, the keyboard combination Ctrl+Shift changes my paragraph / text reading switches from Right To Left.

My first solution was to create a custom macro called do_nothing and reassign the Ctrl+Shift keyboard shortcut to a macro that does absolutely nothing, but Word won't recognize the Ctrl+Shift by itself (without a third qualifier key).

I located the macro in the Word Commands Macro dialogue box (RTLPara), and I want to just delete it, but I can't find a way to do that (because it's an innate / default / native Word macro, I'm guessing).

Any help?
johngill johngill is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaje View Post
[...]

Well same to you..My first solution is to create a custom macro called do_nothing and reassign the Ctrl+Shift keyboard shortcut to a macro that does absolutely nothing, but Word won't recognize the Ctrl+Shift by itself.
kaje kaje is offline
Junior Member

John -- that didn't really help because I've already tried that.

Any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngill View Post
Well same to you..My first solution is to create a custom macro called do_nothing and reassign the Ctrl+Shift keyboard shortcut to a macro that does absolutely nothing, but Word won't recognize the Ctrl+Shift by itself.
Razorback64 Razorback64 is offline
Banned

Not 100% sure, but this code:

Address:="(Selection.Paste)"

obviously isn't doing what you want it to. Generally, when you put something between quote marks, it doesn't get interpreted, so try removing the quotes and see if that works.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Razorback64 : August 11th 10 at 01:34 PM