Andres Andres is offline
Junior Member

Default How to Import from Word to Excel.

Hello - I need help with taking information within Word and dumping it into an Excel spreadsheet. I have four different categories (lot #, title, description, estimate) within my Word document that I need to place in Excel in their own columns. How do I do that?

Here is an example of my word document:

1. DAVID BEN-GURION (1886-1973). Declaring Israel's independence in 1948, he headed the provisional government and later became its first prime minister (1948-53) and 1955-63). His book, Days of David: Ben Gurion, 156pp, 8¾"x12", Grossman Publishers, New York, 1967. Profusely illustrated with photographs and text from his speeches and writings. First Edition. First Printing. Dust jacket lacking. Inscribed and signed on half-title page, "To Gene Feder, a boy who loves Israel, with all good wishes D. Ben Gurion 14.3.67." Darkly penned in blue ink. Minor wear to cloth cover; else Near Fine. $500-750

The document goes on and lists many more of these items with a line break between each item. Is there a way to have all of the four categories labeled or broken up so that I can import the information into Excel? All of the tutorials I find online are working from a Word form, which my document is not.

Also, is it possible to import from Word to Excel and keep the formatting intact (bolding and italics)?

Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited by Andres : August 13th 10 at 04:13 PM