Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dtkipper

Default "logo font" changes when document is reopened...

Hi all,
I have to complete & return to a document that has been emailed to me.

The header contains a company logo that is actually a font; when I open the
document initially I can see the logo fine, but when I save, close & reopen
the doc, the logo has changed to a greek 'alpha'.

I understand that I don't have the logo font installed and Word will change
it to what it considers the nearest match - but if it is displayed initially,
why doesn't it remain in the doc?

Any help appreciated...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi dtkipper,

"but if it is displayed initially, why doesn't it remain in the doc?" -
you've given the answer yourself: because you don't have the font installed.
See the initial display as a bug - the logo shouldn't be there.

The document should be sent to you with the font (and only the used
characters of it to prevent blowing up the file size) embedded. (see Tools |
Options... | tab Save) to keep the logo displayed.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

--
PS: Werkt deze oplossing voor jou en log je in via de Microsoft site, klik
dan svp even op Yes bij "Did this post answer the question?". Bedankt.