Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Neil[_2_] Neil[_2_] is offline

Default Create New Recipient List: Form vs. Grid

Good morning -

We recently upgraded our office to Office 2007. So far, so good - but
for one thing. We use mail merge for a number of customer letters. In
previous versions of Word, we could tell it we wanted to create a new
list of recipients, and it would display a data form displaying all
the data fields that needed to be filled in for that particular
letter. With the new version, it defaults to a grid, which only
displays the first few fields and would need to be scrolled to the
right in order to see more fields. Is there a way to get Word to give
us back the form-based view for entering recipient data?

Thanks
-Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Add the (good-old) Mail Merge Helper to the Quick Access Toolbar.

If you do not know how to do that, right click on the QAT and select
Customize and then select All Commands from the Choose commands from
pulldown, then scroll down through the list until you come to Mail Merge
Helper..., then click on the Add button.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Neil" wrote in message
oups.com...
Good morning -

We recently upgraded our office to Office 2007. So far, so good - but
for one thing. We use mail merge for a number of customer letters. In
previous versions of Word, we could tell it we wanted to create a new
list of recipients, and it would display a data form displaying all
the data fields that needed to be filled in for that particular
letter. With the new version, it defaults to a grid, which only
displays the first few fields and would need to be scrolled to the
right in order to see more fields. Is there a way to get Word to give
us back the form-based view for entering recipient data?

Thanks
-Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Neil[_2_] Neil[_2_] is offline

Doug -

That worked great!

Thanks!
-Neil

"Neil" wrote in message

oups.com...

Good morning -

We recently upgraded our office to Office 2007. So far, so good - but
for one thing. We use mail merge for a number of customer letters. In
previous versions of Word, we could tell it we wanted to create a new
list of recipients, and it would display a data form displaying all
the data fields that needed to be filled in for that particular
letter. With the new version, it defaults to a grid, which only
displays the first few fields and would need to be scrolled to the
right in order to see more fields. Is there a way to get Word to give
us back the form-based view for entering recipient data?

Thanks
-Neil

How do I print a recipient list from a mail merge list in Word? Randog Mailmerge 1 June 20th 06 06:52 PM
Remove recipient list Steve Microsoft Word Help 2 February 8th 06 03:48 PM
Recipient List Sharon Mailmerge 1 January 11th 06 04:59 AM
How do I create a drop down list in a form using Word? Donna New Users 3 June 21st 05 04:37 PM
editing recipient list Linton Mailmerge 2 March 1st 05 02:59 AM