Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bizgen Bizgen is offline

Default Three stars have turned into a line of dots

I put in three stars to separate two lines of text and forgot to press the
space bar and pressed enter by mistake.

The stars turned into a row of dots that I can find no way of removing. I
have shown the formatting, and can delete all the para symbols, but the dots
remain.

Before I go absolutely mental, can anyone PLEASE help by telling me how to
get rid of them?

I should be extremely grateful for any help in this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

See this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Bizgen" wrote:

I put in three stars to separate two lines of text and forgot to press the
space bar and pressed enter by mistake.

The stars turned into a row of dots that I can find no way of removing. I
have shown the formatting, and can delete all the para symbols, but the dots
remain.

Before I go absolutely mental, can anyone PLEASE help by telling me how to
get rid of them?

I should be extremely grateful for any help in this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bizgen[_2_] Bizgen[_2_] is offline

I can't tell you how much you've helped me, thank you so very much.

At the bottom of the link you have me, it says that it is a good idea to
turn of most of the Autocorrect things in Format. Do I have to do this each
time I type a document, or only once? That is, if you also know the answer to
this one!
--
Gen Liphook UK

"Bizgen" wrote:

I put in three stars to separate two lines of text and forgot to press the
space bar and pressed enter by mistake.

The stars turned into a row of dots that I can find no way of removing. I
have shown the formatting, and can delete all the para symbols, but the dots
remain.

Before I go absolutely mental, can anyone PLEASE help by telling me how to
get rid of them?

I should be extremely grateful for any help in this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

(This answer may appear twice due to problems when posting).

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad I could help you.

About the AutoCorrect options: You only need to change the settings once.
The settings apply to all documents and not to the individual document. And I
really recommend that you turn of the settings.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Bizgen" wrote:

I put in three stars to separate two lines of text and forgot to press the
space bar and pressed enter by mistake.

The stars turned into a row of dots that I can find no way of removing. I
have shown the formatting, and can delete all the para symbols, but the dots
remain.

Before I go absolutely mental, can anyone PLEASE help by telling me how to
get rid of them?

I should be extremely grateful for any help in this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To add to what Lene said, there's a separate article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm that makes
recommendations about that. Only you can decide which "auto" things you want
to take advantage of, but there are some that are definite hazards.