Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
michaelberrier michaelberrier is offline

Default Find/Replace specific character

I need to remove "" and "" from a document full of them so that it
may be adapted to an html page for obvious reasons. I'm trying to use
Find & Replace to just remove those two characters but have only found
solutions that will eliminate all punctuation which is not what I want.

What is the syntax to make find/replace work or, failing that, a macro
to do the job?

Thanks to all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
michaelberrier michaelberrier is offline

As silly as it sound, I did try it and it failed before, but I think I
had a bad option checked. I just tried it again and now it's fine.

Thank for saving me from myself.

On Jan 23, 11:01 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Have you tried searching for and then searching for ?

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

"michaelberrier" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

I need to remove "" and "" from a document full of them so that it
may be adapted to an html page for obvious reasons. I'm trying to use
Find & Replace to just remove those two characters but have only found
solutions that will eliminate all punctuation which is not what I want.

What is the syntax to make find/replace work or, failing that, a macro
to do the job?

Thanks to all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A search for
\(*)\
replace with
\1
or
[\\]
replace with nothing (or maybe a space)
with the wildcard option set will work also

http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

michaelberrier wrote:
As silly as it sound, I did try it and it failed before, but I think I
had a bad option checked. I just tried it again and now it's fine.

Thank for saving me from myself.

On Jan 23, 11:01 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Have you tried searching for and then searching for ?

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"michaelberrier" wrote in
ooglegroups.com...

I need to remove "" and "" from a document full of them so that it
may be adapted to an html page for obvious reasons. I'm trying to
use Find & Replace to just remove those two characters but have
only found solutions that will eliminate all punctuation which is
not what I want.

What is the syntax to make find/replace work or, failing that, a
macro to do the job?

Thanks to all.

Tab stop to align text on a specific character Serge Microsoft Word Help 2 August 11th 06 04:26 AM
Wood 2002 remove character style and revert to paragraph style Nimbus Page Layout 3 March 6th 06 10:36 AM
International Keyboard mike New Users 2 January 23rd 06 01:41 AM
Navigate and add a character at specific locations in a document Gilles Desjardins New Users 4 May 6th 05 11:43 PM
How do you end or "turn off" a character style while entering text Larry Root Microsoft Word Help 3 April 25th 05 03:29 PM