My ability to insert page numbers seems disabled.

Old March 28th 05, 05:37 PM
Huggybear

Default My ability to insert page numbers seems disabled.

Suddenly, the last few days, I've noticed that I can no longer insert page
numbers. When I click on INSERT, 'page numbers' is greyed out. Why? How can I
fix this short of re-installing Office XP?
Old March 30th 05, 09:51 AM
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?SHVnZ3liZWFy?=,

Suddenly, the last few days, I've noticed that I can no longer insert page
numbers. When I click on INSERT, 'page numbers' is greyed out. Why? How can I
fix this short of re-installing Office XP?

This is in every document, even new ones? You're certain you don't have the
cursor in a text box, or anything like that, when you try to use the command?

If not, try holding down CTRL when starting Word (=Safe Mode). Can you access
the command now?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org