Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen A. Karen A. is offline

Default drag and drop

I am running Word 07 with Vista. I've lost my "drag and drop" function for
moving text in my recent documents. I can select text, but when I click a
second time to get the "dragging" arrow, nothing happens and I can't move the
text. The option to enable this function under "Advanced" IS checked. I can
still cut and paste. I am a freelance editor and have recently installed some
templates with macros and add-ins, and I have attached one of them to my
normal.dotx for regular use. However, I can't 100% for sure link the problem
to that (timing-wise), and I have not found anyone at the company I am
contracted with who has experienced this problem. I have checked all the
template files, and the option is enabled there, too. This is a pretty useful
function in my job, and if anyone knows a fix or if there is a patch for
this, I'd be grateful.

drag and drop Karen A. Microsoft Word Help 0 March 18th 10 02:56 AM
drag and drop Kathryn Microsoft Word Help 4 August 30th 08 04:11 AM
drag and drop Lynda Microsoft Word Help 1 August 13th 08 03:04 AM
Drag and Drop Paras Shah New Users 1 January 19th 06 02:07 AM
drag and drop Monty New Users 2 November 25th 05 06:47 PM