Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
juan juan is offline

Default formatting numbers in a cell

Hi, how can I format numbers in a cell (10000 to 10,000.00), or how to force
a cell to accept only numbers?

thanks
Juan Uribe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It sounds like what you want is to set up a form in Word for data entry. If
that's the case, then press F1 in Word, and type "forms" for information on
setting up forms. You can do exactly what you want using form fields (inside
table cells) and form protection. The following article also provides useful
information:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"juan" wrote in message
Hi, how can I format numbers in a cell (10000 to 10,000.00), or how to
force
a cell to accept only numbers?

thanks
Juan Uribe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
juan juan is offline

Thanks, is the only way? The case is this one: I have a table with three
cols, need to input values in the first two and make a formula in the third.
Is not possible to do in a simple table and format the first two
columns/cells to allow for numeric input in order to put a formula in in the
third column/cell?

Juan

"juan" wrote in message
Hi, how can I format numbers in a cell (10000 to 10,000.00), or how to
force
a cell to accept only numbers?

thanks
Juan Uribe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

A "simple table" does not provide the ability to control data entry and to
format the table as you want.

There might be ways to do it by embedding an Excel spreadsheet (formatting
yes, but I don't know about controlling entry type).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

news

Cell Formatting Linda RQ New Users 4 October 27th 06 05:19 PM
entering numbers in a table cell sjnhnelly Tables 1 October 13th 06 04:30 PM
How do you get Random numbers in a cell Word Cracker!! New Users 1 December 22nd 05 12:12 PM
cell formatting Darryl Tables 22 July 14th 05 03:55 PM
cell formatting [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 March 24th 05 12:05 PM