Can't delete section break (next page)

Old March 5th 17, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default Can't delete section break (next page)

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 10:23:32 AM UTC-8, Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown wrote:
Hi Bobbi,

To remove the section break, one method is to be in Print layout view turn on the nonprinting character display using the show/hide
icon from the toolbar. Place your cursor just before the section break indicator in your document and tap the delete key twice.

THANK YOU!!! I highlighted and pressed the delete button TWICE, quickly, and it finally worked. Only post that has helped! My thesis project thanks you.
Old April 30th 17, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10:29:37 PM UTC-8, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

I am having the same problem and none of this is working for me. I can see the section break, but cannot delete it(either way listed) or highlight it.

Mgros, I found that if I had track changes turned on it would retain the next page section break. I had to turn track changes off to make the delete possible.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Old August 28th 17, 03:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 5:29:37 PM UTC+11, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

This will work:
1. once in your document select "outline" view
2. turn on markers
3. put the cursor over the left hand edge of the break line it will turn black
4. press delete.
5. remember that it will probably re-format depending what you had in each section.
Old September 13th 17, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Mgros, I found that if I had track changes turned on it would retain the next page section break. I had to turn track changes off to make the delete possible.

OH - MY - GOD. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Old September 20th 17, 06:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 8:12:09 AM UTC+5:30, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 5:29:37 PM UTC+11, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

This will work:
1. once in your document select "outline" view
2. turn on markers
3. put the cursor over the left hand edge of the break line it will turn black
4. press delete.
5. remember that it will probably re-format depending what you had in each section.

YES!! after trying every other method listed... the only way that worked for me was the select the "outline view"- it never turned black for me though.... just partially highlighted it. But they finally deleted. My 100 page document makes sense again. Thanks!
Old December 24th 17, 10:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Sunday, August 27, 2017 at 10:42:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 5:29:37 PM UTC+11, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

This will work:
1. once in your document select "outline" view
2. turn on markers
3. put the cursor over the left hand edge of the break line it will turn black
4. press delete.
5. remember that it will probably re-format depending what you had in each section.

Thank you sooooooooo much!
Old February 15th 18, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 12:29:37 AM UTC-6, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

Thank you, roger!!! Outline View finally worked!
Old February 20th 18, 07:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Wednesday, 13 February 2008 08:29:37 UTC+2, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

I need to work in Track Changes so turning it off was not an option.
But I got it to work as follows:
1. Make sure both sections (before and after the break) have the same margins, orientation, header, etc.
2. insert a blank line before the section break
3. My second section started with a table. Use Ctrl-Shift-Enter to insert a blank line before the table.
4. Select from the first blank line to the second, so the section break is included in the middle.
5. Then click Delete and the whole thing went away including the break.
Old March 5th 18, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10:29:37 PM UTC-8, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

With all characters showing In DRAFT view I highlighted and deleted.
Old March 9th 18, 10:33 PM
Charles K. Kenyon Charles K. Kenyon is offline
Member

Originally Posted by View Post
On Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10:29:37 PM UTC-8, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

With all characters showing In DRAFT view I highlighted and deleted.
Generally, you want to not delete a section break but change it to a continuous section break. Section breaks carry a lot of formatting for the text preceding the break!

You will not be able to do this unless the two sections carry the same margins and orientation. (Possibly the same vertical alignment as well.)

See http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide..._Section_Break