Carrie

Default Footnotes

My footnotes are about an inch above my bottom margin. How can I move them
lower on the page
garfield-n-odie

Hi, Carrie. In Word, click on File | Page Setup | Layout | From edge:
Footer: choose a smaller measurement | OK.

"Carrie" wrote:

My footnotes are about an inch above my bottom margin. How can I move them
lower on the page

Make sure you have the footnote position set to "Bottom of page" and not
"Below text."

"Carrie" wrote in message
My footnotes are about an inch above my bottom margin. How can I move

them
lower on the page

tom dautel

I've been through the File | Page Setup | Layout menu, and the Tools |
Options menu, but I can't find any "Bottom of page" or "Below text" settings.
Can someone point me to where I can set these things?

FYI, I'm having the same prob as original poster (huge blank margin below my
footnotes). I reset the "from edge" measurement as recommended (it was
already only at 0.5), but it made no difference. I'm using Word 2002 SP3.

Thanks for any help...

"Carrie" wrote in message
My footnotes are about an inch above my bottom margin. How can I move

them
lower on the page

Daiya Mitchell

"below text" etc are footnote settings, and in Word 2002, you will find them
on Insert | Reference, Footnote.

If you click Close instead of OK, you should be able to change the setting
without inserting a footnote--otherwise, ctrl-z should Undo the note
insertion but not the setting change.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daphne Daphne is offline

Hi - I have the same problem as Carrie with moving the footnote. Your
response however moves the footer not the footnote.

"Carrie" wrote:

My footnotes are about an inch above my bottom margin. How can I move them
lower on the page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
etr etr is offline

I am having the same problem as Carrie has, only the footnote appears about 2
inches above the margin. Footnote settings are at .05 and footnotes are set
as Bottom of Page. The footnote is not moving. Any suggestions?

"Carrie" wrote in message
My footnotes are about an inch above my bottom margin. How can I move
them
lower on the page

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sara Sara is offline

I am having the same problem, except the footnote is set to the bottom of the
page, and I even changed the distance from the end of page (But I think that
is more for the footer than a footnote)...and there is still a huge gap. I am
trying to move something down one line (It is above the footnote) and it
keeps moving to the next page, while the footnote is not moving and still
taking up half of the page....what do I do?

"Carrie" wrote in message
My footnotes are about an inch above my bottom margin. How can I move
them
lower on the page

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Make sure you have the footnote position set to "Bottom of page" and
not
"Below text."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Carrie" wrote in message
My footnotes are about an inch above my bottom margin. How can I
move
them
lower on the page

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/