Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sara Sara is offline

Default working on Word document in a new session

When I work through several sessions on a long Word document, can I start a
new session where I previously left off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

For Word versions before 2007 - SHIFT+F5 will take you to the last edit
point
or by macro
Sub AutoOpen()
Application.GoBack
End Sub
in the dcoument template will open all documents basaed on that template at
the last edit point

For Word 2007
I understand the function present in earlier versions to quickly go to the
last edit point is missing from Word 2007. You can work around it easily
enough with a couple of macros in the normal template e.g.

Sub OpenAt()
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Name:="OpenAt"
End Sub

Added to a keyboard shortcut or to a button on the QAT, when run it will
insert a bookmark at the cursor position called OpenAt. Or you could
incorporate the command line in a macro to intercept the Save and Save as
functions to mark the last cursor position before saving the document.

The following macro will check for that bookmark and select it if present
when a document is opened.

Sub AutoOpen()
If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Exists("OpenAt") = True Then
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("OpenAt").Select
End If
End Sub