Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark D B Mark D B is offline

Default footnote number not superscript in text

In one document of a multi-document project the footnote numbers are regular
numbers like3 instead of superscript. I figured out how to change them
individually, but I can't figure out what I did differently that caused this
document to do the numbers differently, nor can I figure out how to change it
back. I am using Word 2007. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Footnote numbers should have the Character Style "Footnote Reference"
applied to them, and "Footnote Reference" normally contains nothing
but Superscript format. Make sure that it's still that way in your
Footnote Reference style.

If Footnote Reference style has somehow not been applied to the
footnote references, you can (re)apply it with Find/Replace (Ctrl-H).
With the cursor in the Find What? box, go to More Special and choose
Footnote Mark (or just type ^f); then tab the cursor to the Replace
With box, go to Format Style and choose Footnote Reference, and
click Replace All.

On Apr 27, 10:11*pm, Mark D B Mark D
wrote:
In one document of a multi-document project the footnote numbers are regular
numbers like3 instead of superscript. I figured out how to change them
individually, but I can't figure out what I did differently that caused this
document to do the numbers differently, nor can I figure out how to change it
back. I am using Word 2007. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Hitchcock David Hitchcock is offline

Default Footnote numbers should have the Character Style "FootnoteReference"applied

I had the same problem (of footnote numbers appearing as regular numbers in the reference in the text and at the bottom of the page, rather than being superscripted). I followed the "find and replace" instructions as indicated, but the footnote numbers are still regular numbers, not superscripted. Any suggestions of how I can make them superscripted?

On Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:11 PM Mark D B wrote:

In one document of a multi-document project the footnote numbers are regular
numbers like3 instead of superscript. I figured out how to change them
individually, but I cannot figure out what I did differently that caused this

On Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:45 PM Peter T. Daniels wrote:

Footnote numbers should have the Character Style "Footnote Reference"
applied to them, and "Footnote Reference" normally contains nothing
but Superscript format. Make sure that it is still that way in your
Footnote Reference style.

If Footnote Reference style has somehow not been applied to the
footnote references, you can (re)apply it with Find/Replace (Ctrl-H).
With the cursor in the Find What? box, go to More Special and choose
Footnote Mark (or just type ^f); then tab the cursor to the Replace
With box, go to Format Style and choose Footnote Reference, and
click Replace All.

wrote:
lar
his
e it

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Task Parallel Library | Continuation Tasks (.NET Framework 4.0)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...mework-40.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure that the Footnote Reference style in the document is actually
defined as superscript.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
lar
his
e it

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Task Parallel Library | Continuation Tasks (.NET Framework 4.0)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...mework-40.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This morning I got an email from "egghead cafe" (see bottom of this
message) telling me an answer had been posted to my query. The link in
the email didn't go anywhere (and when I got to my newsgroups, these
two messages weren't here yet).

What up wit dat?

Hi from Chicago of the interesting weather

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...5e-9315-b....- Hide quoted text -