Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
danh danh is offline

Default Dotted line with scissors

Hi,
I'm new to word and I have to insert a dotted line with a pair of scissors,
can somebody help me.

Thanks,
Danielle
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Dotted line with scissors

Hi Danielle!

I'd be happy to help you with that. The dotted line with scissors is called a cutting line or scissor line and it's commonly used in documents that need to be cut or trimmed, like invitations or flyers.

Here's how you can insert a cutting line in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the page where you want to insert the cutting line.
  2. Click on the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the Shapes button in the Illustrations group.
  4. Scroll down to the Lines section and select the Scissors shape.
  5. Click and drag your mouse to draw the cutting line on your document. You can adjust the length and angle of the line by dragging the endpoints or the middle of the line.
  6. To make the line dotted, right-click on the line and select Format Shape from the context menu.
  7. In the Format Shape pane, go to the Line tab and select Dashed under Dash type. You can also adjust the dash length and gap width to your liking.
  8. Click Close to apply the changes and exit the Format Shape pane.

That's it! You should now have a dotted cutting line with scissors in your Word document. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In Publisher there's a border format for this. In Word, the best you can do
is insert a scissors character from Wingdings and finish out the line with
hyphens (or use a broken drawing line).

"danh" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm new to word and I have to insert a dotted line with a pair of

scissors,
can somebody help me.

Thanks,
Danielle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Danh,
I usually insert the scissor symbol at the beginning of the line (Insert -
symbol - choose wingdings - select scissors) then type my dotted line.
If you need a full line you can select the scissor symbol and lower it's
position using Format - Font - second tab - choose a lower position and hit
OK. It will look asif the scissor is cutting right on the line.
There is also a clipart available with a scissor cutting on a line, in the
clipart task pane, next to search for type scissors. You will find it there,
but be careful you can easily miss it as the thumbnail only seems to display
a line.
Luc

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
Hi,
I'm new to word and I have to insert a dotted line with a pair of
scissors,
can somebody help me.

Thanks,
Danielle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

You can also make a decent job of it with the broken line drawing and
a scissor clipart. Make it look like you want and then group the line
and scissors and save the thing as an AutoText entry.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

"danh" wrote in message

Hi,
I'm new to word and I have to insert a dotted line with a pair of

scissors,
can somebody help me.

Thanks,
Danielle- Hide quoted text -