Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
atmbonda atmbonda is offline

Default To merge several documents in one master document

Hello,

Please for mail merge purposes, I am trying to insert several files
formatted differently into one single master file. The problem I have is that
a couple of files are heavily formatted (including headers and footers) and
when I insert them (or copy and paste them) into the master file, the format
of the newly inserted file is all over the place and the headers are forced
into subsequent files.

I tried to create section/page breaks, however thats not helping. May be I
am doing something wrong?

Please provide guidance on how to insert several files into one single
master files while preserving the format of the original files.

Regards

Al

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?YXRtYm9uZGE=?=,

Please for mail merge purposes, I am trying to insert several files
formatted differently into one single master file. The problem I have is that
a couple of files are heavily formatted (including headers and footers) and
when I insert them (or copy and paste them) into the master file, the format
of the newly inserted file is all over the place and the headers are forced
into subsequent files.

I tried to create section/page breaks, however thats not helping. May be I
am doing something wrong?

Please provide guidance on how to insert several files into one single
master files while preserving the format of the original files.

Well, the Master Document feature would do the inserting for you, no problem. I
guess I'd try that, then select the individual sub-documents and click the
"Remove" button to remove the sub-document links (leaving just the text). Since
the Master Document feature can be "finicky", be sure to make copies of the
individual documents as backups, just in case :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)