Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeremy

Default how do i automatically insert signature

how do i automatically insert signature in outlook when i am using word 2003
as my html email editor?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

In Word 2003, WordMail and the regular Outlook editor share signatures. Each
signature that you create actually consists of three files - .htm, .rtf, and
..txt €“ stored in your Windows profile directory.

To create a new signature in Outlook:

Open Outlooks Tools|Options menu.
Select the Mail Format tab and then the Signatures button at the bottom of
the dialog.
Create one or more signatures, including a blank signature.
Click Ok to return to the Mail Format tab.
Select each account in your profile and assign a signature to it.

To create a new signature while working in Word or WordMail:

In Word or a WordMail message, choose Tools|Options.
Switch to the General tab, and click E-mail Options.
Create one or more signatures.
Select the signature you want to be inserted automatically.
Click OK until you return to your document or message.

If you have chosen to insert the signature automatically, but want to use a
different signature for the current message, right-click the signature. From
the pop-up menu, select either the name of the signature you want to use or
E-mail Signature to create a new one.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"jeremy" wrote:

how do i automatically insert signature in outlook when i am using word 2003
as my html email editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeremy

I've already done this and it worked for one session, however; when i sent
email from the same account in another session, the signatures didnt not
appear in the emails. how do i turn this feature on permanently?

"jeremy" wrote:

how do i automatically insert signature in outlook when i am using word 2003
as my html email editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

In Outlook:
Tools|Options|Mail Format|Signatures
Select a signature where it says "Signatures for New Messages"
Select a signature where it says "Signatures for Replies"
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"jeremy" wrote:

how do i automatically insert signature in outlook when i am using word 2003
as my html email editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeremy

I have already done that too. i selected the account for which i wanted the
signature to be associated with and used it for both new messages and
replies. is there something else i should be doing?

"jeremy" wrote:

how do i automatically insert signature in outlook when i am using word 2003
as my html email editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Have you closed Outlook and then reopened it? If you have done that and
followed all of the prior instructions that I have given you, then you have
received the benefit of my knowledge on this particular subject. If all else
fails, post your question in an Outlook newsgroup. I do hope that at least
some of this information has been helpful to you. Please let me know if it
works for you after closing and reopening Outlook.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"jeremy" wrote:

how do i automatically insert signature in outlook when i am using word 2003
as my html email editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] miparklane@yahoo.com is offline

"jeremy" wrote:

how do i automatically insert signature in outlook when i am using word 2003
as my html email editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barry A Barry A is offline

I did everything you suggested. I've created signatures before. The signature
is there for e-mails I send. When I reply to an e-mail, there is no
signature. In one of the "updates" I endlessly am forced to accept, is it
possible that Microsoft has slipped in a "you need new software" item that is
blocking my signature on the reply application?

"jeremy" wrote:

how do i automatically insert signature in outlook when i am using word 2003
as my html email editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roxken roxken is offline

Jumping in here, so forgive me if I'm not getting your context. If you're in
Outlook, I believe this is an Outlook setting. Try this in Outlook:

Tools Options, then click the Mail Format tab.
Signatures button.
In the Signatures and Statinery dialog, there's a an area labelled, "Choose
default signature." Look for the box labelled, "Replies/forwards:" -- I think
it defaults to "(none)." You can set it to any of the custom signatures
you've created.

"jeremy" wrote:

how do i automatically insert signature in outlook when i am using word 2003
as my html email editor?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karel Karel is offline

I had the same issues, had all the settings correct but the signature would
not show up, until . . . . I changed the name of one of them to a name
without space, and all of a sudden it worked. So I changed the other one too
and yes, signatures showing up in both new mails and replies.
So, no space in the name of the signature