Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LaurenM LaurenM is offline

Default Text is cut off

One of my users is currently using Word 2002 which has been working fine. He
just received a document which has copy in a table and at the bottom of one
of the pages (within the table), the text is cut off. It looks as if the copy
should pick up on the next page but doesn't. If I view the same document in
2003, I do not see this issue. This document was originally created in Word
2000. Could this be why? Is there a way for the Word 2002 user to remedy
this? Alternatively, the Word 2000 user sometime has issues viewing our 2002
documents. One last thing. This document also has track changes on. Could
this be an issue also? I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.
LaurenM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Richard O. Neville Richard O. Neville is offline

It sounds like a difference in page size, such as A4 vs. US letter size (8
1/2 x 11). Check Page Setup and determine if this is the case. I don't think
the difference in versions of Word or the track changes would affect this,
but one way to tell is to turn off Track Changes (which does tend to squeeze
text) and see if this makes a difference.

"LaurenM" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LaurenM LaurenM is offline

Thanks for your response. I did check the page size and it is set to Letter
size. Also, I did turn off the track changes but no difference. A couple of
things I did do made a difference. If I view it in a Normal view, all my text
shows up. Also, if I convert the table to text, everything shows up. Could
the table be corrupt?

"LaurenM" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LaurenM LaurenM is offline

Thanks for your reply. I checked the document size and it is set to Letter
size. I turned off track changes but no difference. However when I view it in
normal view, I see all me text. Also, if I convert my table to text,
everything shows up. Could my table be corrupt?

"LaurenM" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Richard O. Neville Richard O. Neville is offline

One other possibility is to force all cells of the table to appear on the
same page. Do this by selecting all the rows EXCEPT the last row; go to
Format-Paragraph and check the "keep with next" box.