Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KyMadDog KyMadDog is offline

Default How do I copy into other applications?

When I copy text from Word 2007 and paste it into another application, such
as an e-mail program used at work, I get long lines of nonsense before and
after the text. It usually starts with a URL before, like
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/word/2003/wordml2450", and long lines of
numbers and random words afterwards. What's this, and how do I stop it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi KyMadDog

KyMadDog wrote:
When I copy text from Word 2007 and paste it into another application, such
as an e-mail program used at work, I get long lines of nonsense before and
after the text. It usually starts with a URL before, like
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/word/2003/wordml2450", and long lines of
numbers and random words afterwards. What's this, and how do I stop it?

whenever you copy something to the clipboard, there's more than one
"view" available in there on the copied content. The receiving (pasting)
application is responsible for a selection. In Office, you can for
instance use Paste Special and select which "view" you want to paste.
I'd look for such an option in this email application of yours.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |