Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Denver Mike Denver Mike is offline

Default Shouldn't IF and SUM fields be updated when I choose Print Preview

I have a pretty simple document that has a couple of IF and SUM fields. I
have "Update fields before Printing" enabled in the Word 2007 options.

Since a few days ago, the fields don't update when I choose Print Preview...
they either remain blank, or once, the field tags appeared in Print Preview.

When I actually print the document to the printer, all of the fields update
correctly.

Anyone ever seen this where Print Preview doesn't update fields, even
thought "Update field before printing" is enabled? Any idea how to fix it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I think the "Update fields before printing" option is to be interpreted
literally; that is, printing is required (and print preview is not
sufficient). For more on updating fields in Word, see these KB articles:

Which fields are updated when you open, repaginate, or print document
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211629/en-us

Some fields are updated while other fields are not
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212054/en-us

If you want a macro that updates fields for you, see the example in the
article at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP