Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roystreet

Default Word 2007 Printing Too Big

Hello, I'm not sure what the issue is here is...I try to print a simple word
document & it states, "The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable
area of the page. Do you want to continue?" The page is fits perfectly on
one 8.5 x 11 page. Print Preview initially shows it only on one page. When
I print it, clicking on "Yes" it begins to print the text VERY LARGE . Like
I've asked word to print everything extra large. I haven't. I've even gone
in & changed the scaling from the default (No Scaling) to "Letter (8.5...)" &
it still continues to do the same thing? I've looked around & can't figure
this out. I've tried it with one page docuemnts as well as several page
documents - Same problem. I believe when I initially installed word 2007, it
would print perfectly (As word usually does), but now (Without any setting
changes) it's printing way to large.
I've looked around for an answer so that I don't have to bother anyone
with this issue, but I've found none.
I appreciate any help!
---roystreet
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, many users seem to be having similar problems printing from Word 2007,
and AFAIK no one has yet posted an explanation or a workaround. Keep in mind
that Word 2007 is still in beta.

"roystreet" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm having the same problem printing from Word 2007 beta 2.

When I print, I get a dialogue "The margins of section 1 are set
outside the printable area of the page. Do you want to continue?"
despite all being fine as usual. It then prints out the document with
the text very large (i.e. magnified hugely). Print Preview also shows
the document (incorrectly) this way.

The problem is intermittent - seems to happen most, but not all, of the
time. Rebooting does not fix it, but sometimes it just works fine as
normal. It does not seem to be document-dependent (when it is
happening, you can start a new blank document and the problem still
occurs).

I am using a Canon i70 printer on Windows XP Home (I'm guessing it
could be an incompatibility with the printer driver).

One workaround is to use Word 2007's nice new Save to PDF feature,
which opens the document perfectly in Acrobat ... then Print.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roystreet

Hello,
Thanks for the tip...I had previously tried that, but it then makes the
PDF file show the document exactly the same way as it would print. In extra
BIG font & larger than the regular margins allow. So unfoturnately, the only
"Workaround" I have found thus far is to open it in a previous version of
word or w/another product that opens word files, (Like Open Office) & then
print it from there.

I know when exporting files to PDF, it's like "Printing" it to the file & so
many times the PDF file may look exactly like how it would if you printed the
document.

Any other thoughts on this?
Thanks, roystreet

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank P.

Same problem here. My not-so-super workaround is as well using a PDF printer.
The original Adobe PDF printer that is. For some reason it generates the page
as it should be. But when printing on a real printer (mine a HP Deskjet 5550)
it gets big as mentioned in this thread.

I was hoping it would be an issue with the printer, so that I could fix it.
But unfortunate it's a problem many people have.

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Frank,

Hmmm, probably too early to be able to drawn any conclusions on this but of the folks who have included their printer type/model for
this issue the H-P Deskjet/inkjet series has been the problem.

(There is a separate issue where certain Lexmark/Dell printer drivers are not working with Office 2007).

What is the driver version you're using for your Deskjet and have you checked for an updated driver through either Microsoft updates
or through the HP website?

===========

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank P.

Hello Bob,

My printerdriver version is: 7.1.0.0. I will check for a update in a few
minutes. But I also have to add that I printed some pages succesfully. I
can't really tell what happened. One thing I did was 'printing' via Adobe PDF
ánd installing Dutch proofing tools (Dutch is my native language) by using
the Office 2003 installation disc. (A method found on this board as well.)

Perhaps one of them altered some settings that fixed the problem. I was
planning on printing some more pages today so then I can tell if the problem
comes back.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

Frank P.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
michali

Thought I should add my two cents to say I have a HP 6122 Deskjet and have no
problems printing from Word 2007 Beta.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Frank,

You're welcome

So switching to a different printer choice then back seems to have helped?

There are some buglets in Word 2003 that respond to the same treatment and the difference there is that letters print on top of each
other and here that things print large. They may not be related but if changing printer driver choices and then back does the trick
then perhaps there is a carry over from 2003 into 2007.

It will be interesting to see if adding in a language tool not technically supported did anything, but you may want to try running
the Office 2007 diagnostics from
File(office button)=Word Options=Resources
to see the disgnostics detect any issues from adding the 2003 edition after the 2007 edition.

==========
"Frank P." wrote in message ...
Hello Bob,

My printerdriver version is: 7.1.0.0. I will check for a update in a few
minutes. But I also have to add that I printed some pages succesfully. I
can't really tell what happened. One thing I did was 'printing' via Adobe PDF
ánd installing Dutch proofing tools (Dutch is my native language) by using
the Office 2003 installation disc. (A method found on this board as well.)

Perhaps one of them altered some settings that fixed the problem. I was
planning on printing some more pages today so then I can tell if the problem
comes back.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

Frank P.
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank P.

Hello Bob,

That is an interesting theorie about switching printing devices. Especially
because 2003 had the same problem as you mentioned. But I never experienced
that here.

Anway, I did a diagnostic. It found some problems and fixed them, but the
added Proofing Tools still seem to work. Even after restarting Word. I can't
tell what he did, only thing the diagnostic tool mentioned was 1 problem
witch he fixed.

Greetings, Frank P.

"Frank P." wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roystreet

Hello,
I have to say...Now the PDF method works for me too! Earlier it wasn't
working, but now it is? Not sure what the difference is or what changed? I
will have to check with HP to see if my printer has the lastest driver for it
installed. (Side note, I have a HP 5500 also)
There must be some type of conflict with 2007 & my printer because it I
open the same document in Word XP, it will print perfectly.

---roystreet

"Frank P." wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Roy,

Are you using Word 2007's File=Save As PDF or are you using File=Print and selecting a 3rd party PDF printer/writer?

Do you have any add-ins other than from MS listed in
File(Office Button)=Word Options=Add-ins?

============
"roystreet" wrote in message ...
Hello,
I have to say...Now the PDF method works for me too! Earlier it wasn't
working, but now it is? Not sure what the difference is or what changed? I
will have to check with HP to see if my printer has the lastest driver for it
installed. (Side note, I have a HP 5500 also)
There must be some type of conflict with 2007 & my printer because it I open the same document in Word XP, it will print
perfectly.

---roystreet
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roystreet

Hello Bob,
I am using Word 2007 File Save As PDF. I do have a "Google Desktop
Office Addin", nothing else.

Thanks,
---roystreet