Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MargaretA MargaretA is offline

Default Quirk in Form

I have created a 17 page form. Everything works beautifully, until you get
the end of the form (form locked to allow entries into fields). On the last
page of the form, if you click anywhere in the white space beneath the last
field, the form flips, like lightening, from from page 17 to the top of Page
1.

What have I done to create this foible, and how can I fix it?

Thanks for your help!
--
MargaretA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MargaretA MargaretA is offline

PJY,

Thanks for your suggestion, but there are no hyperlinks in the document.
--
MargaretA

"MargaretA" wrote:

I have created a 17 page form. Everything works beautifully, until you get
the end of the form (form locked to allow entries into fields). On the last
page of the form, if you click anywhere in the white space beneath the last
field, the form flips, like lightening, from from page 17 to the top of Page
1.

What have I done to create this foible, and how can I fix it?

Thanks for your help!
--
MargaretA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 05:27:02 -0700, MargaretA
wrote:

I have created a 17 page form. Everything works beautifully, until you get
the end of the form (form locked to allow entries into fields). On the last
page of the form, if you click anywhere in the white space beneath the last
field, the form flips, like lightening, from from page 17 to the top of Page
1.

What have I done to create this foible, and how can I fix it?

Thanks for your help!

That's Word's standard behavior, and there isn't anything you can do about it
except not clicking below the last field.

Protection for forms means that the insertion point cannot be put anywhere
except in a form field. If you click in protected text, the insertion point
jumps to the "next" form field. In the case of clicking below the last form
field, Word thinks that the "next" form field is the first one in the document
(it wraps around), so that's where it jumps to.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman