Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ferrell Ramey Ferrell Ramey is offline

Default Custom Oultine Numbering & Bullets

I work with a law firm that requires a particular format when using the
outline and numbering.

It is real simple, and I can get it to work once. What I'd like is to set
ALL users to use this format unless the specifically do otherwise.

My problem is I can get it to work on particular documents, etc. But when
the user selects the numbering off of the "menu bar" it goes back to the
Microsoft default way.

I know there has to be a way to use my outline as the default but cannot
find it. I'm hoping someone here will be able to tell me a way. I am trying
to prevent the users from accidentally using the Microsoft default when they
are in a hurry and don't notice that it's the wrong one.

MS Example is:

1. Test
a. Test
i. Test
1. Test
a. Test
i. Test

Mine:

1. Test
a. Test
i. Test
(1) Test
(a) Test
(i) Test
a) and so on€¦ [

This is where we usually end.

I know that there are only small differences, but I sign the back of the
paycheck, not the front. %)

We NEVER use the MS default and will always use the "Mine" example unless
the user gets a wild hair and forces it to change, but then when they come
back in the next time I want it to go back to our custom set.

I also want to do this with the "styles" and I'm sure it'd be done in a
similar fashion. Should I use some kind of "custom" normal.dot or style
sheet, or ???

Thanks!

Ferrell
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the template, set up numbering based on styles; see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. Then
have your users apply styles instead of using the Bullets and Numbering
dialog box or the Numbering button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP