Default Style w/Columns

Hello,
I want to make a style with 2 columns. Can someone help me to figure
out how to do that? Thanks.

*(((({

Stefan Blom

Jezebel has given you the answer. I'd just like to emphasize that the
only way to *store* columns in a document (or template) is by
formatting part or all of it to have columns; there are no "page
styles" available in Word (unfortunately).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"*((({" wrote in message
Hello,
I want to make a style with 2 columns. Can someone help me to
figure
out how to do that? Thanks.

*(((({

Charles Kenyon

I haven't tried it. But it might be possible to store a columnar setup with
the section break as an AutoText entry. Even if possible, though, I don't
know that this is a good idea, that section mark could carry all sorts of
other information that might not be wanted, like headers and footers. I
guess I would write a vba procedure for it and set that to a keyboard
shortcut or on a custom menu. When I want columns, I just use the column
button on my formatting toolbar.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"*((({" wrote in message
Hello,
I want to make a style with 2 columns. Can someone help me to
figure
out how to do that? Thanks.

*(((({

Stefan Blom

Well, since AutoText can store "anything", I think you are right.
Like you, I haven't tested, because I don't think it would be worth
the trouble. Anyway, the basic idea of my previous message remains
true: As an AutoText entry, the section formatting would be stored as
content, not as a style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP