Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

Default Table styles: add white space following the table

I'm trying (really trying!) to use proper styles in formatting my documents,
but what a PITA!! I'm especially having problems with tables. None of the
font changes I make seem to be saved into the table format (I did find some
other information about this on this forum...apparently this is some kind of
bug?) but now I want to be able to add some white space (like 12pt worth)
after my table and before the next line. Whenever I change the spacing in the
styles dialog, it just changes the table itself.

Is there any way to add a certain amount of white space after a table,
without having to modify the style of the paragraph following it?

TIA,
Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

Thanks Suzanne...at least now I know I'm not crazy!

So what's the recommended way to do this? Is it worth adding a new paragraph
style just for the paragraph following a table, or should I just do the
dreaded "extra return"?

"Jen" wrote in message
I'm trying (really trying!) to use proper styles in formatting my

documents,
but what a PITA!! I'm especially having problems with tables. None of the
font changes I make seem to be saved into the table format (I did find

some
other information about this on this forum...apparently this is some kind

of
bug?) but now I want to be able to add some white space (like 12pt worth)
after my table and before the next line. Whenever I change the spacing in

the
styles dialog, it just changes the table itself.

Is there any way to add a certain amount of white space after a table,
without having to modify the style of the paragraph following it?

TIA,
Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I wouldn't use an empty paragraph for this, as it can come back to bite you
if the text reflows to the top of a page. I usually just add some Space
Before manually (you can add 12 points easily by pressing Ctrl+0), but if I
already have a Body Text Space Before style (which I often do), then I use
that.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, no, though this has frequently been suggested/requested.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.