Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amcguck amcguck is offline

Default How to reduce file size

Thanks - the file insert tool worked perfectly.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Do any of the tables happen to be formatted with dashed or dotted
borders? If so then that is probably the cause. Try changing the
border style and see if that decreases the file size.

If that isn't it then here are items that can bloat a file:

1) Fast Saves (Tools/Options/Save)
2) Preview Picture (File/Properties)
3) Versions (File/Versions) Make sure "Automatically save version on
close" is not turned on
4) Revisions (Tools/Track Changes)
Highlight Changes: Make sure "Highlight changes on screen is
turned on"
Accept/Reject Changes: If "Accept All" or "Reject All" is
available then revisions are present.
5) Embedded True Type fonts (Tools/Options/Save)

If all of the above check out then try creating a new document and use
Insert/File and insert the contents of your document

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"bhm7319" wrote in message
I gave a file to my coworker to revise it. The file size was 832kB at
the
time. He revised few things on the file and gave it back. I noticed
that the
file size was 14.1MB now. He says that it crashed on him three to
four times,
and he saved the recovered version each time. The file don't have
any
picture. It has 4 small tables. I tried everything to reduce the
size, but no
luck.

Anyone please help me.

Thank you.