Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark Mark is offline

Default How do I get rid of the "same as previous" in a header

All of the suggestions require a button on the header/footer tool bar that
says "same as previous". I have no such button. I am using Word 2003.
Every time I change a portion of a header, it changes on a number of pages.
I want separate headers for each page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The button is there, but isn't active unless you have more than one
section (created by inserting section breaks) and your cursor is in the
second or subsequent section.

Mark wrote:

All of the suggestions require a button on the header/footer tool bar that
says "same as previous". I have no such button. I am using Word 2003.
Every time I change a portion of a header, it changes on a number of pages.
I want separate headers for each page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark Mark is offline

I do not even see an inactive button on my bar. There is a "show previous"
and "link to previous" button. No "same as previous".

Mark wrote:

All of the suggestions require a button on the header/footer tool bar that
says "same as previous". I have no such button. I am using Word 2003.
Every time I change a portion of a header, it changes on a number of pages.
I want separate headers for each page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Linda - Trainer Linda - Trainer is offline

In Word 2003 you need to click the "Link to Previous" Icon on Headers/Footers
toolbar (to turn it off) and vice versa. The "Same as Previous" words only
appears in the Header/footer when this button is "active". Click the Link to
Previous and it turns it off. Good Luck. Linda Shill