BARKAROO

Default "Start Enforcing Protection" button grayed out

Question

I have created a Word 2003 document with several check boxes and Text form
fields. When I try to protect to the document by checking boxing the Editing
Restrictions and selecting "Filling In Froms", the Start Enforcement button
stays grayed out for the, "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button.
I didn't have this trouble with my previous version of Word. (we just
upgraded)

BARKAROO

I've gone though all the articles on this site and tried the various things
suggested.... it's still not working. Surely there must be an MVP somewhere
that knows how to fix this.

"BARKAROO" wrote:

Question

I have created a Word 2003 document with several check boxes and Text form
fields. When I try to protect to the document by checking boxing the Editing
Restrictions and selecting "Filling In Froms", the Start Enforcement button
stays grayed out for the, "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button.
I didn't have this trouble with my previous version of Word. (we just
upgraded)

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Bararoo,

If you start Word in safe mode (hold ctrl key while starting Word)
do you have the same problem?

Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed with the Word plugin?

========
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP