Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bronstarr

Default Setup Fails

I have recieved my microsoft office 2007 beta cd in the mail. I have Windows
XP Prof and Office 2000 on a IBM NetVista Pentium 4 with 256mg Ram. Each
time I try to install the Office 2007 cd. I constantly get a message that
setup has failed to start and have to send an error report again and again.
I have paid for my cd through the mail.
--
Bronstarr
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Not enough RAM. You'll need at least twice that amount. Heck - I have more
than that in my poor old P3-550.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bronstarr" wrote in message
I have recieved my microsoft office 2007 beta cd in the mail. I have
Windows
XP Prof and Office 2000 on a IBM NetVista Pentium 4 with 256mg Ram. Each
time I try to install the Office 2007 cd. I constantly get a message that
setup has failed to start and have to send an error report again and
again.
I have paid for my cd through the mail.
--
Bronstarr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

At least. If your mobo will support it, I'd suggest 1GB but you need to
figure out what best suits your budget and your needs.

I feel obligated to make sure you know that the beta is a *temporary* thing.
It expires on Feb 1, 2007. It will NOT work after that. It can and probably
will be a pain the butt to uninstall and that it can mess with the stability
of your computer. If this system is critical to you, do *not* install the
beta on it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]