Yvonne

Default Unable to Save Docs Word 2003

I am unable to save any docs in Office Word 2003, when I open a new word doc
and click File, Save As the Save As dialogue box does not appear. Initially
when this was happening if I then tried to close Word it would not respond
and I would need to end task etc. Since then I have uninstalled and
reinstalled Office 2003 and downloaded all available updates. Now the save
as dialogue box still does not appear but word does not freeze I am still
able to close it and open other files.
I am only having problems in Word - Excel is working fine.
I did see a solution on the MS knowledge base (Article ID : 313937 ) to
disconnect any network drives which I have done but still no improvement.
I've tried everything I know and am very frustrated at this stage so would
really appreciate if anyone can shed any light on the situation. Thanks

1. Open Norton AntiVirus (right-click on the Systray icon and choose this
option).

2. Click on the Options button at the top of the dialog.

3. In the Options dialog, click on Miscellaneous (menu on the left)

4. Clear the check box for "Enable Office Plug-in."

5. OK out and close NAV.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are using Norton AntiVirus, disable its Office Plug-in.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I create & merge specific data base & master documents? maggiev New Users 2 January 13th 05 12:30 AM