Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KathyStel KathyStel is offline

Default resizing page border

I'm creating a 100-word document with page borders around each page. How do I
move the left-hand page border (from Format - Page Border, WORD 2007) so that
the pages can be punched and fit into binder?

When I change the Measure From box to "from Text" I can only change to 31
points, which is not enough space.

Is there another way to adjust the page border margins (I've tried changing
margins, but it doesn't apply to the border itself)...or another way to do
this in a document?

Thanks for your reply.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Using a page border does somewhat limit how much you can move it in
relation to the edge or text. If you just need a simple border (like a
single line or a double line), you might be better off drawing a box
(Insert | Shapes) in the header and formatting the box with "behind
text" text wrapping. The box can be any size you want. You can choose
from several line styles for the box by right-clicking on the box and
left-clicking on Format AutoShape | Colors and Lines tab.

KathyStel wrote:

I'm creating a 100-word document with page borders around each page. How do I
move the left-hand page border (from Format - Page Border, WORD 2007) so that
the pages can be punched and fit into binder?

When I change the Measure From box to "from Text" I can only change to 31
points, which is not enough space.

Is there another way to adjust the page border margins (I've tried changing
margins, but it doesn't apply to the border itself)...or another way to do
this in a document?

Thanks for your reply.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KathyStel KathyStel is offline

I appreciate the response, but that doesn't work. When I insert a box and
format "behind text" it moves every time I hit return.

What's the easiest/best way to simply create a template that has an
adjustable page border (box) around the text?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Assuming a page border doesn't work for you, have you tried anchoring a
rectangle to the header, formatted as Behind Text? See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

"KathyStel" wrote in message
news
I appreciate the response, but that doesn't work. When I insert a box and
format "behind text" it moves every time I hit return.

What's the easiest/best way to simply create a template that has an
adjustable page border (box) around the text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad you found a solution.

"KathyStel" wrote in message
That worked, Suzanne. Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Assuming a page border doesn't work for you, have you tried anchoring a
rectangle to the header, formatted as Behind Text? See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

"KathyStel" wrote in message
news
I appreciate the response, but that doesn't work. When I insert a box
and
format "behind text" it moves every time I hit return.

What's the easiest/best way to simply create a template that has an
adjustable page border (box) around the text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Astounding.

KathyStel wrote:

That worked, Suzanne. Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Assuming a page border doesn't work for you, have you tried anchoring a
rectangle to the header, formatted as Behind Text? See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

news