Pudgsicle

Default How do we access precious versions of a document?

I finished a document and saved it as XXX3. Then I highlighted the entire
document and started typing over it and rather than save it as XXX4 I must
have just saved it rather than changing the file name. Is there any way to
access the previous version of XXX3?
Graham Mayor

Not unless you have Word set to create automatic backups, or if you still
have the document open (and haven't closed it meantime) you could use undo
to get you back to the pre-edit version, save it and then redo to put your
changes back.

This is very bad practice for the reason you have just discovered. Get into
the habit of using templates to create your documents.

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Access denied trying to open an embedded Word document EmbeddedTrouble Microsoft Word Help 1 April 20th 05 04:01 PM
Can you save individual document pages as seperate word files? John Calligy Mailmerge 2 April 12th 05 09:14 AM
I have a document protected but need to give access to the links Pete Valdes New Users 1 April 7th 05 06:25 PM
Newbie document question please Dudley Henriques New Users 4 January 9th 05 08:38 PM