Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jrbpub jrbpub is offline

Default What setting in Word puts hard returns at end of each line?

I am a newspaper editor and often get Word documents from freelancers, etc.
When I flow their stories into a pagination program I find that each line has
a hard return (paragraph mark) and must be edited by hand. I looked through
the options in Word and couldn't pinpoint the setting that creates this
situation. I'd appreciate any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's created by people who don't know what they are doing. They assume they
need to hit the enter key instead of allowing word wrap to do it's thing.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jrbpub" wrote in message
I am a newspaper editor and often get Word documents from freelancers, etc.
When I flow their stories into a pagination program I find that each line
has
a hard return (paragraph mark) and must be edited by hand. I looked
through
the options in Word and couldn't pinpoint the setting that creates this
situation. I'd appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

You might find this helpful:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm
jrbpub wrote:
I am a newspaper editor and often get Word documents from freelancers, etc.
When I flow their stories into a pagination program I find that each line has
a hard return (paragraph mark) and must be edited by hand. I looked through
the options in Word and couldn't pinpoint the setting that creates this
situation. I'd appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Saving as text with line breaks would do it, or sending a document in the
body of a plain-text email, but, as JoAnn says, a lot of writers haven't
figured out that Word is not a typewriter.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 09:32 PM