Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Maintaining image scale when inserting it into a text box

I have a template that I insert photos into. It was originally created with MS-Word 97 and it allowed me to insert an image into a text box and the box would adjust horizontally to maintain the scale of the image being inserted.

Using Word 2010, this is no longer the case. It will maintain the scale while adjusting vertically, but not horizontally (at least that I have been able to find).

To make clear, most of my pictures fit perfectly into the 4x5" text box. When I have an image that is wider than that, I want the box to expand horizontally while maintaining the 4" height.

Any ideas? I tinkered briefly with tables and frames, but no luck.

Thanks!

Paul