Xero

Default URGENT - Need help with Header with Footer

Hello. I am using Word 2003.

Can I insert some exceptions when using header and footer?
For example, can I set the header and footer to be invisable in a particular
page?

If anybody knows the answer please reply asap.
Thanks.

--
Xero

http://www.chezjeff.net
My personal web portal
Barb Reinhardt

If you want the header and footer to be "invisible" on a page, I'd put in a
section break before and after the page and delete the header and footer for
the section. Make sure that you have "Same as Previous" deselected or you
may delete your original headers and footers by mistake.

"Xero" (remove_underscores_and_this ) wrote in message
Hello. I am using Word 2003.

Can I insert some exceptions when using header and footer?
For example, can I set the header and footer to be invisable in a

particular
page?

If anybody knows the answer please reply asap.
Thanks.

--
Xero

http://www.chezjeff.net
My personal web portal

Margaret Aldis

Hi Xero

If you have part of a document with different headers and footers, then the
usual way to handle this is to place this part in a different Section. You
need a section break at the beginning and end of that part, and you need to
unlink the headers footers (so they are not 'Same as previous') before
editing.

If you need no header or footer on the *first* page, then don't use section
breaks but set 'Different first page' in the page set up. Similarly for
different headers and footers on odd and even pages use 'Different odd and
even'.

Finally, in some cases (where you know the page number where no header or
footer should appear, but need to avoid section breaks), you can use an IF
field to insert the header only when the page number ({PAGE} field) is not
equal to that number.

More information he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm
and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
and
http://www.syntagma.demon.co.uk/Arti...orkaround2.pdf

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Xero" (remove_underscores_and_this ) wrote in message
Hello. I am using Word 2003.

Can I insert some exceptions when using header and footer?
For example, can I set the header and footer to be invisable in a

particular
page?

If anybody knows the answer please reply asap.
Thanks.

--
Xero

http://www.chezjeff.net
My personal web portal

Charles Kenyon

You do not need a section break for this. See the conditional fields at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Xero" (remove_underscores_and_this ) wrote in message
Hello. I am using Word 2003.

Can I insert some exceptions when using header and footer?
For example, can I set the header and footer to be invisable in a
particular
page?

If anybody knows the answer please reply asap.
Thanks.

--
Xero

http://www.chezjeff.net
My personal web portal

Barb Reinhardt

Thanks Charles. I'll try that. The only issue I have with it is that
you'd need to manually figure out which page numbers to suppress with the
conditional fields and using a different section would determine it
automatically. Am I missing something?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
You do not need a section break for this. See the conditional fields at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Xero" (remove_underscores_and_this ) wrote in

message
Hello. I am using Word 2003.

Can I insert some exceptions when using header and footer?
For example, can I set the header and footer to be invisable in a
particular
page?

If anybody knows the answer please reply asap.
Thanks.

--
Xero

http://www.chezjeff.net
My personal web portal

Charles Kenyon

No, you are not. If the page numbers will be changing, you'll want to go
with a section break. On the other hand, adding section breaks when you
don't need to leads to document corruption.