Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vrin Vrin is offline

Default Styles repeating on previous page after page break

When I insert a page or section break and change the style after the page
break, the new style is automatically applied to the last line prior to the
page break. This would not ordinarily be a problem except that the new style
is a heading with gray shading. This causes the last line prior to the page
break to have gray shading with no text. Any suggestions on how to keep the
styles prior to the page break intact? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vrin Vrin is offline

Thank you, Suzanne, that worked beautifully! This is a recurring issue I've
had over the years and I've never been able to figure it out. You made my
day!