Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Katisha Katisha is offline

Default Making tabs in Word like you do in Excel

One of my bosses wants to create the same kind of tabs along the bottom of
the page in word as we do in excel. Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Not with any of Word's built-in functions, but there are third-party
add-ins that offer this ability. Ask google.

Katisha wrote:

One of my bosses wants to create the same kind of tabs along the bottom of
the page in word as we do in excel. Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Side note--if you want tabs to be able to leap around a long document
easily, Word does have several built-in options to speed up navigation:
Edit | Go To, Outline View, Document Map, and Browse Object.

More info on some of those he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingOLView.htm
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/documentmap/index.html
http://daiya.mvps.org/browseobject.htm

Katisha wrote:
One of my bosses wants to create the same kind of tabs along the bottom of
the page in word as we do in excel. Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

.... Or if it's just a matter of going from page to page what's wrong with
Ctrl+PgDn/Ctrl+PgUp? Or - for a mouser - Daiya's suggestion of the Browse
Objects button (bottom of the vertical scroll bar)?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones