Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LouLouLou LouLouLou is offline

Default Go to end of document as default when opening it

I want to be able to go to the end of a document rather than the beginning,
when the document is opened.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can accomplish this in several ways. If you want to do this with a
single document, record a macro that captures you pressing Ctrl+End, naming
it AutoOpen, and store it in the document you want to affect.

If you want to do this for all documents, record the macro (same
name/action), and store it in Normal.dot.

Specific instructions:

Tools - Macro - Record new Macro.

Macro name: AutoOpen

Store macro in: current document or Normal.dot, as desired.

Click OK.

Press Ctrl+End.

Click Stop Recording.

Press Shift and click File, then click Save All, saying Yes to saving
changes to the current document and/or normal.dot (if appropriate), when and
if prompted.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"LouLouLou" wrote in message
I want to be able to go to the end of a document rather than the beginning,
when the document is opened.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I would respectfully submit that it's a lot easier just to press Ctrl+End
when you open the document than to have to click OK to a dialog asking if
you want to enable macros.

"LouLouLou" wrote in message
I want to be able to go to the end of a document rather than the

beginning,
when the document is opened.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It depends on your settings... I don't get a dialog asking to enable macros.

But, I do agree that Ctrl+End is pretty easy. :-)

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I would respectfully submit that it's a lot easier just to press Ctrl+End
when you open the document than to have to click OK to a dialog asking if
you want to enable macros.

so
all may benefit.

"LouLouLou" wrote in message
I want to be able to go to the end of a document rather than the

beginning,
when the document is opened.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You have macro security set to Low?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
It depends on your settings... I don't get a dialog asking to enable

macros.

But, I do agree that Ctrl+End is pretty easy. :-)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I would respectfully submit that it's a lot easier just to press Ctrl+End
when you open the document than to have to click OK to a dialog asking

if
you want to enable macros.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"LouLouLou" wrote in message
I want to be able to go to the end of a document rather than the

beginning,
when the document is opened.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert Robert is offline

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 01:48:00 -0700, LouLouLou wrote:

I want to be able to go to the end of a document rather than the beginning,
when the document is opened.

You can right-click the vertical scrollbar and choose "End".
--
Cheers
Robert