Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tomwphoto tomwphoto is offline

Default End user license agreement

I have MS office 2003. Recently I had to reload it because a got a new hard
drive and upgraded from Vista-64 bit to Windows 7-64 bit. After I did this, I
now have to accept the License Agreement every time I open Word, Excel or
Power Point. This didn't used to happen. I have uninstalled it and
reinstalled it, with the same result. Any ideas how I can avoid this nuisance?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Logon as Administrator and then accept the EULA.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"tomwphoto" wrote in message
I have MS office 2003. Recently I had to reload it because a got a new hard
drive and upgraded from Vista-64 bit to Windows 7-64 bit. After I did
this, I
now have to accept the License Agreement every time I open Word, Excel or
Power Point. This didn't used to happen. I have uninstalled it and
reinstalled it, with the same result. Any ideas how I can avoid this
nuisance?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

If Doug's solution doesn't work, google for the Microsoft Cleanup
Installer Utility. Repeated EULAs/requests for the installation CDs
are a primary symptom of leftover installation files that make Windows
think that you are trying to install the program.

D/l and install it. You only have to check for MS Office, although
odds are it will find many other programs. You typically should only
run it on programs that are giving you a hassle like this, not on
everything it finds.

On Feb 15, 4:02*pm, tomwphoto
wrote:
I have MS office 2003. Recently I had to reload it because a got a new hard
drive and upgraded from Vista-64 bit to Windows 7-64 bit. After I did this, I
now have to accept the License Agreement every time I open Word, Excel or
Power Point. This didn't used to happen. I have uninstalled it and
reinstalled it, with the same result. Any ideas how I can avoid this nuisance?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tomwphoto tomwphoto is offline

I am the only user setup on this computer and I am the Administrator. So this
did not make a difference. Thanks for the thought though,
Tom

"tomwphoto" wrote in message
I have MS office 2003. Recently I had to reload it because a got a new hard
drive and upgraded from Vista-64 bit to Windows 7-64 bit. After I did
this, I
now have to accept the License Agreement every time I open Word, Excel or
Power Point. This didn't used to happen. I have uninstalled it and
reinstalled it, with the same result. Any ideas how I can avoid this
nuisance?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tomwphoto tomwphoto is offline

Thanks PRR. This may work eventually. I did download and install this and had
it cleanup the 3 MS office products I have installed. However when I
reinstalled them I got an error. So now I have no Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
This error, #1402, said setup cannot open the registry key, gave a long list
of numbers&letters and asked me to verify that I have sufficient permissions
to access the registry. I'm going to bring it back to the shop that replaced
the hard drive and did the Windows 7 upgrade. There's something about how
they setup the administrator business that prevents me, the administrator
from doing things. Thanks,
Tom

wrote:
I have MS office 2003. Recently I had to reload it because a got a new hard
drive and upgraded from Vista-64 bit to Windows 7-64 bit. After I did this, I
now have to accept the License Agreement every time I open Word, Excel or
Power Point. This didn't used to happen. I have uninstalled it and
reinstalled it, with the same result. Any ideas how I can avoid this nuisance?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you actually run the application as Administrator (a particular mode in
Windows Vista and 7) or did you merely assume that because you were the only
user that you were obviously the administrator?

news

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Logon as Administrator and then accept the EULA.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.

"tomwphoto" wrote in message
I have MS office 2003. Recently I had to reload it because a got a new
hard
drive and upgraded from Vista-64 bit to Windows 7-64 bit. After I did
this, I
now have to accept the License Agreement every time I open Word, Excel
or
Power Point. This didn't used to happen. I have uninstalled it and
reinstalled it, with the same result. Any ideas how I can avoid this
nuisance?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tomwphoto tomwphoto is offline

Graham,
No I'm not sure what you mean when you say "run the application as
Administrator (a particular mode in Windows Vista and 7)". Going to Control
Panel, the User accounts clearly show my name with the title Administrator.
This is true in the Account name section also. Can you explain what you mean
about this particular mode? Thank you, Tom

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Did you actually run the application as Administrator (a particular mode in
Windows Vista and 7) or did you merely assume that because you were the only
user that you were obviously the administrator?

news

"tomwphoto" wrote in message
I have MS office 2003. Recently I had to reload it because a got a new
hard
drive and upgraded from Vista-64 bit to Windows 7-64 bit. After I did
this, I
now have to accept the License Agreement every time I open Word, Excel
or
Power Point. This didn't used to happen. I have uninstalled it and
reinstalled it, with the same result. Any ideas how I can avoid this
nuisance?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tomwphoto tomwphoto is offline

Graham,

Thank you for the link explaining how to run the application as an
administrator. It was easy and it worked! For those that don't know, you
right-click on the program shortcut (Word) and click on run as administrator.
After accepting the license agreement one last time, I did not have to accept
when it reopened the program or any time I opened another MS office program.
Doug's solution of using the CleanUp utility made things harder, but with
help I was able to restore back to where I was before and then Graham's
solution worked. Thanks again to all for your help.
Tom

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Did you actually run the application as Administrator (a particular mode
in
Windows Vista and 7) or did you merely assume that because you were the
only
user that you were obviously the administrator?

news I am the only user setup on this computer and I am the Administrator. So