Ben Foster

Default macro warning

Hi I use winxp sp2 word 2002
when I open a new blank document in word i get a warning that macros are not
installed or not allowed.
but i dont want to run or use macros i dont know how to use macros. I own
this computer. i am the only one who uses it and i dont want to get this
warning.
can anyone help?
Thank You for your help

This warning is probably coming from an add-in that loads when you start
Word. On the Security Level tab of Tools | Macro | Security, change the
security level to Medium. This will give you a message that will allow you
to enable or disable macros. On the Trusted Sources tab, check the box for
"Trust all installed add-ins and templates." This will automatically enable
macros in all add-ins and templates in your user templates and workgroup
templates folders and the Word Startup folder, which will prevent you from
getting messages about macros. Unfortunately, this trust does not extend to
the Office Startup folder, but when you get the message box asking you about
enabling macros, you may have the opportunity to check a box for "Trust all
macros from company." After you check that box, you will not get the
message again. If the add-in is one you don't want to trust, you have no
choice but to uninstall it.