Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
April April is offline

Default How do I get ride of the capital C when typing cc: in a letter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
April April is offline

In Word 2007 I do not see these options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, it is always helpful to mention the version of Word you're using,
especially when it is Word 2007, which has such a drastically different UI.
In Word 2007, the path is Office Button | Word Options | Proofing |
AutoCorrect Options...

http://word.mvps.org

"April" wrote in message
In Word 2007 I do not see these options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or immediately press Ctrl-Z to undo the automatic capitalization. Note
that when it does the automatic capitalization, it shows a heavy
underline under it for a moment (or if you go back to it) -- click on
that and you'll have the option of turning off automatic
capitalization entirely.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"April" wrote in message

In Word 2007 I do not see these options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

http://word.mvps.org

"April" wrote in message
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
April April is offline

Sorry, still having problems with this. As soon as I type the : after a cc
(even though I've added it to the exception list, it still capitalizes the
first c. At my former employer, the IT department had a fix for it but I
can't remember what it was. We had Word 2003 so maybe there is not a fix in
2007??

"April" wrote in message

In Word 2007 I do not see these options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

http://word.mvps.org

"April" wrote in message
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I find it quite bizarre that the same exception works correctly in Word 2003
and has no effect in Word 2007 (despite the fact that they're both working
off the same dialog/settings/AutoCorrect file), but I can confirm that this
is the case: in Word 2003, with "cc" in the "Other Corrections," "cc:" does
not become "Cc:" and in Word 2007 (with the same settings), it does.

But I think I know someone I can ask about this.

http://word.mvps.org

"April" wrote in message

In Word 2007 I do not see these options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Corrections.

http://word.mvps.org

"April" wrote in message
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What works here in 2007 is to add Cc: in the regular AutoCorrect list to be
replaced with cc:

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/14/09 1:31 PM, in article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I find it quite bizarre that the same exception works correctly in Word 2003
and has no effect in Word 2007 (despite the fact that they're both working
off the same dialog/settings/AutoCorrect file), but I can confirm that this
is the case: in Word 2003, with "cc" in the "Other Corrections," "cc:" does
not become "Cc:" and in Word 2007 (with the same settings), it does.

But I think I know someone I can ask about this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There's a workaround for 2003 at
http://www.gmayor.com/avoiding_unwan...talization.htm

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Odd, because that *didn't* work in Word 2003.

.. .

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I find it quite bizarre that the same exception works correctly in
Word 2003
and has no effect in Word 2007 (despite the fact that they're both
working
off the same dialog/settings/AutoCorrect file), but I can confirm
that this
is the case: in Word 2003, with "cc" in the "Other Corrections,"
"cc:" does
not become "Cc:" and in Word 2007 (with the same settings), it does.

But I think I know someone I can ask about this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No workaround needed for Word 2003 because there it works to put it in
"Other Corrections."

http://word.mvps.org

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Odd, because that *didn't* work in Word 2003.

.. .

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I find it quite bizarre that the same exception works correctly in
Word 2003
and has no effect in Word 2007 (despite the fact that they're both
working
off the same dialog/settings/AutoCorrect file), but I can confirm
that this
is the case: in Word 2003, with "cc" in the "Other Corrections,"
"cc:" does
not become "Cc:" and in Word 2007 (with the same settings), it does.

But I think I know someone I can ask about this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
April April is offline

The problem is that it doesn't hold the correction. As soon as you exit out
of Word, it goes back to capitalizing the first C in cc: even though it is
still in the Auto Correct List. Any ideas?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I find it quite bizarre that the same exception works correctly in Word 2003
and has no effect in Word 2007 (despite the fact that they're both working
off the same dialog/settings/AutoCorrect file), but I can confirm that this
is the case: in Word 2003, with "cc" in the "Other Corrections," "cc:" does
not become "Cc:" and in Word 2007 (with the same settings), it does.

But I think I know someone I can ask about this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Apparently not. I have received no reply to my query to my contact at
Microsoft.

http://word.mvps.org

"April" wrote in message
Can anyone help???

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I find it quite bizarre that the same exception works correctly in
Word 2003
and has no effect in Word 2007 (despite the fact that they're both
working
off the same dialog/settings/AutoCorrect file), but I can confirm
that this
is the case: in Word 2003, with "cc" in the "Other Corrections,"
"cc:" does
not become "Cc:" and in Word 2007 (with the same settings), it does.

But I think I know someone I can ask about this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Character[_4_] Character[_4_] is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Apparently not. I have received no reply to my query to my contact at
Microsoft.

In 2003, simply UNchecking the autocorrect option to "Capitalize first
letter of sentences" does the trick.

I don't understand why there's a 'special workaround' unless it's to
support unique combinations while leaving the autocorrection on for
other purposes.

- Character

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed, most of us don't want to have to disable "Capitalize first letter of
sentences" just to avoid having "cc:" become "Cc:".

http://word.mvps.org

"Character" wrote in message

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Apparently not. I have received no reply to my query to my contact at
Microsoft.

In 2003, simply UNchecking the autocorrect option to "Capitalize first
letter of sentences" does the trick.

I don't understand why there's a 'special workaround' unless it's to
support unique combinations while leaving the autocorrection on for other
purposes.

- Character

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Indeed, most of us don't want to have to disable "Capitalize first
letter of sentences" just to avoid having "cc:" become "Cc:".

I have just about ALL auto corrections and auto formatting disabled;
they're far too annoying and arrogant.I make exceptions for smart
quotes and automatic hyperlinks, because they're convenient and are
almost always what I want.

if i want to write a sentence this way for some reason, I don't want
anything to automatically change what *I* write.

[end of rant against changing my stuff]

- Character

Capital Letter in a sentence specification guy Microsoft Word Help 6 April 15th 07 12:32 AM
capital letter Dean New Users 2 March 6th 07 09:14 PM
how do i set capital letters when typing numbered paragraph? vicki1978 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 16th 06 04:51 PM
Typing any capital letter it always starts new line. Why? Les8500 Microsoft Word Help 4 September 5th 05 10:25 PM
First letter capital lg430 Microsoft Word Help 1 April 13th 05 08:43 PM