Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ketchup318 ketchup318 is offline

Default Double-Click to Format Autoshape/Format Text Box

Hi, I've upgraded to Office 2007 from Office 2003.

I was wondering what happened to the ability to open up the Format
Autoshape/Format Textbox. In Word 2003, it's was as simple as double-clicking
the object you want to change.

In Word 2007, double-clicking an object doesn't do much. It just makes the
ribbon go to the TextBox/Picture Tools and the Format Tab. To change the
picture/textbox, you would have to manually click the Size Option and then
change your options. It seems a lot more tedious now.

Is there something that I'm missing? Is there a shortcut?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

ketchup318 wrote:
Hi, I've upgraded to Office 2007 from Office 2003.

I was wondering what happened to the ability to open up the Format
Autoshape/Format Textbox. In Word 2003, it's was as simple as
double-clicking the object you want to change.

In Word 2007, double-clicking an object doesn't do much. It just
makes the ribbon go to the TextBox/Picture Tools and the Format Tab.
To change the picture/textbox, you would have to manually click the
Size Option and then change your options. It seems a lot more tedious
now.

Is there something that I'm missing? Is there a shortcut?

I can't tell you why the double-click doesn't work any more (and
double-clicking the little box off the northwest corner of a table no longer
opens the Table Properties dialog).

There are two shortcuts, though:

- Right-click the edge of the text box, and click Format Text Box at the
bottom of the menu.

- Click the little arrow button at the right end of the Text Box Styles
group on the Text Box Tools ribbon.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman