Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Default Options for Accept Changes -- 2007

I'm a newbie in Word 2007 (just changed over from 2003 on Monday). So far,
I'm not impressed. (Okay, I'm not favorably impressed.)

On the review ribbon, the default option for the Accept check mark is
"Accept and Move To Next." Is there any way to change that default to simply
"Accept Change"? 99.9% of the time, I want to accept a change AND STAY RIGHT
WHERE I AM. I don't want to jump several pages and then try to figure out
where I was.

While I'm at it, Shift-F5 doesn't seem to work to take me back to where I
was. Is there another shortcut for that, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can put the button for Accept Change (and stay where you are) on
your Quick Access Toolbar -- right-click on it, choose Customize, and
from the All Commands list, add the one(s) you want to the QAT.

Shift-F5 should cycle you through the last three places you typed
something. But it doesn't work to go back to the last editing spot
when you reopen a document. (You can add a macro to do that.)

On Jan 13, 5:23*pm, Jerry wrote:
I'm a newbie in Word 2007 (just changed over from 2003 on Monday). So far,
I'm not impressed. (Okay, I'm not favorably impressed.)

On the review ribbon, the default option for the Accept check mark is
"Accept and Move To Next." Is there any way to change that default to simply
"Accept Change"? 99.9% of the time, I want to accept a change AND STAY RIGHT
WHERE I AM. I don't want to jump several pages and then try to figure out
where I was.

While I'm at it, Shift-F5 doesn't seem to work to take me back to where I
was. Is there another shortcut for that, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Thanks. That seems to do the trick.

I'm afraid my QAT is going to end up being about as big as the four toolbars
I used to keep open all the time in 2003.

Jerry

.