Zigmund

Default *Permanent* Default Tab Setting

How does one set a *permanent* default tab setting? I want my tabs to be .25"
(not .5") in EVERY document I create, and I do not want to have to change the
"default" everytime each time I create a new document. Does anyone know how
to accomplish this? Thanks.
Charles Kenyon

1. Change the normal style to have that setting and save it as a default.

2. Better yet, prepare a custom document template with all styles you use
set for your tabs and use that template for creating new documents.

http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Zigmund" wrote in message
How does one set a *permanent* default tab setting? I want my tabs to be
.25"
(not .5") in EVERY document I create, and I do not want to have to change
the
"default" everytime each time I create a new document. Does anyone know
how
to accomplish this? Thanks.

Charles Kenyon

I had forgotten that there even was a setting for changing the default tab
interval. I simply set tabs where I want them and if I need greater
intervals I usually use a table rather than multiple tabs.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You cannot change the default tab interval through a style; that setting
is
not available in Format | Style | Modify | Format: Tabs.

so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...

"Zigmund" wrote in message
How does one set a *permanent* default tab setting? I want my tabs to
be
.25"
(not .5") in EVERY document I create, and I do not want to have to

change
the
"default" everytime each time I create a new document. Does anyone know
how
to accomplish this? Thanks.

Me, too. But sometimes users want .8" intervals for coding or some other
special requirement.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
I had forgotten that there even was a setting for changing the default tab
interval. I simply set tabs where I want them and if I need greater
intervals I usually use a table rather than multiple tabs.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You cannot change the default tab interval through a style; that setting
is
not available in Format | Style | Modify | Format: Tabs.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...

"Zigmund" wrote in message
How does one set a *permanent* default tab setting? I want my tabs to
be
.25"
(not .5") in EVERY document I create, and I do not want to have to

change
the
"default" everytime each time I create a new document. Does anyone

know
how
to accomplish this? Thanks.

Stefan Blom

When you modify the default tab stops, the changes apply to the
current file, only. You can change the default tab stops for a
template, assuming that you open the document as a template (via
FileOpen), and then it will affect all documents created from
that template. Note, however, that it is much better to create a
style with custom tab stops than to modify the default tab stops.
For more information, see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/SettingTabs.htm.

--
Stefan Blom