BAS

Default Why is Word saving files as DOS names?

At various times word is saving my file as a DOS file name. Why is this
happening.?
CyberTaz

Hi BAS-

If by 'dos name' you mean the file name extension (.doc for example) that is
not exclusive to DOS. The extension is used by the OS to identify the type of
file and associate the file with the correct application.

HTH |:)

"BAS" wrote:

At various times word is saving my file as a DOS file name. Why is this
happening.?

Are you saving to some sort of removable medium?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I suspect that BAS means that the file is being saved with a name such

as
APPRAI~2.DOC. I got one of these from a client as an attachment (I had

sent
it to him as Appraisal Chapter.doc). I have no idea what causes this.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.