RT2

Default "Delete" key does not work

Suddenly, when working in Word, I am unable to delete highlighted words,
sentences, etc. by hitting the "delete" key. Note, "help" and "navigation"
keys for Word Perfect are not checked.
Anne Troy

Then I would do Word troubleshooting.

http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"RT2" wrote in message
Suddenly, when working in Word, I am unable to delete highlighted words,
sentences, etc. by hitting the "delete" key. Note, "help" and

"navigation"
keys for Word Perfect are not checked.

garfield-n-odie

Possibly the Delete key has been reassigned to another function?
In Word, click on Tools | Customize | Keyboard | Categories:
Edit | Commands: EditClear. Does "Current keys:" say "Del"? If
not, click in the "Press new shortcut key:" box and press the
Delete key. If the Delete key is currently assigned to another
function, it will tell you what that function is. If the Delete
key is not currently assigned, then you can assign it here. Be
sure to "Save changes in: Normal.dot", and say yes if you are
prompted to save changes to the Normal.dot global template when
you exit Word.

RT2 wrote:

Suddenly, when working in Word, I am unable to delete highlighted words,
sentences, etc. by hitting the "delete" key. Note, "help" and "navigation"
keys for Word Perfect are not checked.

RT2

My thanks to Anne Troy and garfield-n-odie for their help. Had I added that
the "delete" key worked a week or so earlier they would, no doubt, have
advised the simple solution immediately...use Windows XP "restore".

"RT2" wrote:

Suddenly, when working in Word, I am unable to delete highlighted words,
sentences, etc. by hitting the "delete" key. Note, "help" and "navigation"
keys for Word Perfect are not checked.

Anne Troy

Highly unlikely. You never know what you're restoring to!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"RT2" wrote:

Suddenly, when working in Word, I am unable to delete highlighted words,
sentences, etc. by hitting the "delete" key. Note, "help" and

"navigation"
keys for Word Perfect are not checked.

Faith MT

This was not my original post, but I am having the same problem in MSWord. I
followed your directions but instead of deleting, I have to respond to the
question "delete block? No(Yes)" and have to either hit N or Y. Any further

RT2 wrote:

Suddenly, when working in Word, I am unable to delete highlighted words,
sentences, etc. by hitting the "delete" key. Note, "help" and "navigation"
keys for Word Perfect are not checked.

garfield-n-odie

In Word, click on Tools | Options | General | uncheck the two
boxes for WordPerfect help and navigation | OK.