Bill B

Default how do I use hyperlinks for page numbers in a table of contents

I have created a table of contemts in Word 2000 which allows me to click on
the page numbers and jump directly to the associated page. Howebver, when
trying to do teh same thing in Word 2003, it gives me a message saying I must
hold down CONTROL and click the page number? Is there any way around having
to use the CONTROL key?

Bill
Jay Freedman

Bill B wrote:
I have created a table of contemts in Word 2000 which allows me to
click on the page numbers and jump directly to the associated page.
Howebver, when trying to do teh same thing in Word 2003, it gives me
a message saying I must hold down CONTROL and click the page number?
Is there any way around having to use the CONTROL key?

Bill

Go to Tools Options Edit and clear the check from the option "Use CTRL +
click to follow hyperlink".

This change was made so that it would be easier to select hyperlinks for
copying or editing. I think it would have been better to reverse the change,
so a click would follow the link and a Ctrl+click would select it. But
nobody asked me. ;-)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman