Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Smith

Default why have my control buttons stopped working

In a word document I am using control buttons with a simple wdGoToBookmark
command to allow users to navigate. When I was inserting a picture Word
discovered an error and shut down. It restarted in safe mode and since then
none of the Control Buttons work. I have tried re-enabling disabled items
through the Help/About MS Word but this has not worked.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWxhbiBTbWl0aA==?=,

In a word document I am using control buttons with a simple wdGoToBookmark
command to allow users to navigate. When I was inserting a picture Word
discovered an error and shut down. It restarted in safe mode and since then
none of the Control Buttons work. I have tried re-enabling disabled items
through the Help/About MS Word but this has not worked.

Can you describe in more detail what you mean by "Control buttons"? Do you mean
buttons on a toolbar, or keyboard shortcuts? I assume that, whichever it is, is
linked to the macro code; could you please copy/paste more of the code in your
reply so that we can better understand what you have?

Finally, where are the macro code and the "control buttons" stored? Did you
save them in your Normal.dot template? In the document, itself? In the document
template?

Have you tried starting Word since it restarted itself in Safe Mode, but NOT in
Safe Mode? If the macros and buttons were saved in Normal.dot, then they
wouldn't work in Safe Mode, but should work when you're not in Safe Mode.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Smith

Thanks Cindy - M the buttons have started working again after I enabled the
macros. Thanks for your interest

Hi ?B?QWxhbiBTbWl0aA==?=,