Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
inat

Default I have greek proofing tools but they dont work in Office 2007?

Everytime I write in Greek and put the spelling buton, a window anounce me
that spelling check is completed. But in reallity no correction was made! I
ve got the files of the greek proofing tools. I put them to the folder Proof
but nothing has changed. Can someone tell me wether the old proofing files
(of Office 2003) work in Office 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Probably not. Proofing tools are developed to work (or at least, work best)
with a specific version of Office.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"inat" wrote in message
Everytime I write in Greek and put the spelling buton, a window anounce me
that spelling check is completed. But in reallity no correction was made!
ve got the files of the greek proofing tools. I put them to the folder
Proof
but nothing has changed. Can someone tell me wether the old proofing files
(of Office 2003) work in Office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
inat

Thank you JoAnn Paules for your prompt reply,

I would like to add two elements. First, that I tried to open from the menu
of Word 2007 the custom dictionaries. The result was that my old Greek inputs
were not readable (they were in latin characters). The second is that when I
substituted the entire proof file of Office 2007 with the proof file of 2003
the only language that didn't work was the greek one, the others work
normally. It seems that the new Office 2007 ignore greek language during the
spelling process. Please, could you provide me with the email address of the
competend team of Office 2007 so I can inform them about the problem with my
beta version.

"inat" wrote in message
Everytime I write in Greek and put the spelling buton, a window anounce me
that spelling check is completed. But in reallity no correction was made!
ve got the files of the greek proofing tools. I put them to the folder
Proof
but nothing has changed. Can someone tell me wether the old proofing files
(of Office 2003) work in Office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ricardo Batista

Hello,
I think (most certain) that its not a problem, its a temporary limitation
(its a beta version). Only some languages are uses.

"inat" wrote in message
Everytime I write in Greek and put the spelling buton, a window anounce me
that spelling check is completed. But in reallity no correction was made!
ve got the files of the greek proofing tools. I put them to the folder
Proof
but nothing has changed. Can someone tell me wether the old proofing files
(of Office 2003) work in Office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Microsoft ships Office 2007 with a newer versions of the proofing tools.
As JoAnn said, it is unlikely that your 2003 proofing tools work.
Microsoft will ship the release version of Office 2007 with proofing
tools in all languages, but it won't be providing any other languages
than the current ones for beta versions.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Ricardo Batista" wrote in
message :

"inat" wrote in message
Everytime I write in Greek and put the spelling buton, a window anounce me
that spelling check is completed. But in reallity no correction was made!
ve got the files of the greek proofing tools. I put them to the folder
Proof
but nothing has changed. Can someone tell me wether the old proofing files
(of Office 2003) work in Office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ricardo Batista

I just installed Portuguese proofing tools€¦ sorry!
Its simple (thank god.. or Microsoft for getting smatter€¦.) Just grab an
older office version (I used office 2003 - Portuguese) and only install the
language tools for the language that you want€¦
Its a Beta but it doesnt mean its bad its a evolution for the future,
thing in the past€¦

"inat" wrote in message
Everytime I write in Greek and put the spelling buton, a window anounce me
that spelling check is completed. But in reallity no correction was made!
ve got the files of the greek proofing tools. I put them to the folder
Proof
but nothing has changed. Can someone tell me wether the old proofing files
(of Office 2003) work in Office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

You can try actually installing them: Run office 2003 setup and choose
to only install the proofing tools and nothing else.
This might or might not work.

Patrick Schmid
http://pschmid.net

"kostilas" wrote in message