Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SSchultz

Default Why can't I Start Enforcement to protect a document?

I have a document that was protected by the original author. I am
successfully able to unprotect and make the changes. However, when reapplying
protection, the Protect Document panel appears, but I am unable to click Yes,
Start Enforcing Protect, as it is grayed out.

This document does contain checkboxes and list of values to select from. Not
sure if these could be causing part of the problem.

Any help is much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

You have to check at least one of the first two boxes on the Protect Document
Task Pane to specify what type of protection is to be applied before check
box #3 becomes active.

HTH |:)